Daycare ManagerStibbard, NorfolkMonday to Friday, full timeSalary; £22,000 - £28,000 dependent upon experience
We are currently recruiting for a Daycare Manager for a busy day nursery and out of school club facility situated near Fakenham in Norfolk.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead a team of talented individuals through a period of change, with a number of exciting opportunities ahead. The Daycare Centre has an exceptional reputation locally and maintains Ofsted ratings that are most recently “good” and previously “outstanding”. The team take pride in what they do and strive to continuously improve the environment and care for the children in the Centre.Your role will include:
- Providing hands-on support in caring for the children within the setting
- Ensuring high standards of care and education of all the children in accordance with statutory requirements
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with children, parents and staff
- Implementing the EYFS curriculum
- Ensuring that the centre’s policies and procedures are followed throughout the setting and developing/implementing them if needed
- Contributing to the strategic planning, monitoring, evaluation and development of the centre
- Ordering and maintaining equipment and resources
- Organising and monitoring trainees and/or students at the setting
- Identifying staff training needs and facilitate training opportunities
- Working closely with outside agencies
- Ensuring the centre conforms to and exceeds the requirements of Ofsted
- Contributing and participating in the development of new ideas
- Keeping up to date on all childcare issues
- Ensuring that the childcare ratios are maintained at all times
- Maintaining accurate and up to date personnel records for all employees within the centre
- Providing constructive, honest feedback to support and encourage all the staff
- Managing staff annual leave requests to ensure staffing requirements are met
- Ensuring all staff carry out regular risk assessment checks both inside and outside the setting
The centre is operational all year apart from the half terms weeks (3 weeks total), the Christmas break and the bank holidays. Our opening hours are between 08:00am and 18:00pm Monday to Friday, and we cater for children aged between 2 years and 11 years old.
The position of Daycare Manager will involve a combination of room based, hands-on support in the setting, as well as office based tasks and duties.
The position would suit candidates who have previous experience in Daycare or Nursery management, an excellent knowledge of the EYFS, Ofsted requirements and safeguarding procedures, and strong leadership skills. You will also need to demonstrate how to build and develop strong relationships with the parents and staff, leading in a way that embeds a positive, energised and professional culture.
If you feel you would like to be considered for the above position, please apply online or call Natalie King on 07979 236746 for an informal discussion about the role.
Key locations; Fakenham, Little Walsingham, Holt, Briston, Reepham, North Elmham, Swanton Morley, Dereham, Beetley, Litcham, Castle Acre, East Rudham, Cromer.