Would you like to finish work each day knowing that you have made a difference? It's not just a job, it's a life experience. Join us and help us change lives.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at one of the local services in Norwich. We are looking for two positive, trustworthy and caring Night Support Workers to join our team. As a support worker at Mencap you will be supporting people at all ages with learning disabilities to live the best possible life. In these roles, everything you do will enable people to have choices about their own lives.
You will be responsible and involved in the everyday life of the people we support. You will be providing support with day to day activities including: supporting with finances, cooking, cleaning and helping with personal care if required.
Another big part of being a support worker is being part of the fun! You will get to do things such as going to the cinema, bowling, theatre, swimming and all other activities the people you support enjoy.
As a support worker, flexibility is key for both yourself and for the service, as you may be required to work a variety of different shifts throughout the week/weekends, including mornings, evenings and sleep-ins. You will also be required to work bank holidays.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Enhanced DBS is required for each successful candidate.
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 20 days' holiday (exclusive of Bank holidays), increasing to 27 days' with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract Job Reference: 14782