We have some exciting Care Assessor posts that would suit you if you're an experienced Senior Carer, Field Care Supervisor, Care coordinator, Team Leader or similar who wants a varied and rewarding role. Working across Norfolk for a charity with a great reputation in the social care field, you'll be responsible for visiting people who have a care need to complete initial assessments for care services provided in the client's home, your role will be community based so you'll need to be a driver with your own vehicle. The Care Assessor Role
The Successful Candidate
- This is an extremely varied position where no 2 days will be the same, this charity has a number of rapid response services that require assessments to be undertake n and a plan of action agreed upon quickly in order to support vulnerable cared for people to remain at home, or provide their usual family carer some assistance and support.
- You'll undertake assessments including medication risk assessments, MAR Charts, MCA assessments and identify community based support that the charity can provide or refer/sign-post to other local services.
- Sometimes you'll be supporting a client who has just been discharged from hospital, other time you might be helping somebody who's usually cared for by a relative but the relative has a crisis. You'll need to be able to work in a flexible way and be able to think on your feet and come up with solutions that work both in the short-term and long term.
- You will also deliver care and provide support still within this role, so you need to be willing to assist vulnerable adults with personal care, dressing, assisting with mobility, assisting with using the toilet, meal preparation etc.
- You'll liaise with a multitude of care professionals, such as hospital staff, GP's, care coordinators, mental health teams, social workers, as well as client's families.
- Experience of working in a care setting is ESSENTIAL; ideally you'll have worked in a community based service previously such as domiciliary care. It would be great if you've worked as a Field Care Supervisor, Care team leader, Care coordinator, Senior Care worker or similar before.
- It's also ESSENTIAL that you are a driver with your own car. Please do not apply if this is not the case.
- You'll hold NVQ level 2 or 3
- You'll have a common sense approach and be a good problem solver, able to think quickly on your feet and able to put into place a service that supports the person both in the short term, but also in the long term.
- You'll have good communication skills both verbal and written and you'll be IT savvy, able to use a variety of IT based systems, such as word, outlook and internal care management systems.,
Interested? To be considered for the Care Assessor role please click apply to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks recruitment
For more information please call on
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing across the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within the Health and Care Sector please refer them to us.