Residential Childcare Workers - Suffolk County Countil
Full-time, Part Time, Night only Workers, Weekend Workers, Relief Staff
Excellent rates of pay
We are currently looking for the following position/s within our children's home's:-
- Night-wake Residential Childcare Workers
- Residential Childcare Workers
- Weekend Residential Childcare Workers
- Relief Residential Childcare Workers
Currently at the following locations:
- Bury St Edmunds
We are looking for enthusiastic people to bring their personality, skills and experience to work and help our children and young people develop, grow and have fulfilling lives.
We take pride in supporting your development to enable you to deliver our person-centred care approach, you will learn plenty every day as every day is different!
We make it an absolute priority that each and every child and young person who walks through our doors feels welcome, cared for, safe and happy; something we could never do without the people who work for us.
We provide an environment for young people to build positive relationships and empower them to face issues from their past and look towards the future. We are committed to providing outstanding outcomes for the young people and encouraging them to achieve to their highest potential. What do we need you to do?
Is this role right for you?
- We are looking for you to encourage individuality, confidence, and self-esteem in those we support, optimising their quality of life and promoting their independence.
- Support young people in a range of educational and vocational activities.
- Whilst bringing your own upbeat personality to work every day, become part of a great team.
- Provide a range of support tasks and develop our young people's domestic and social skills.
- You will be required to travel, so you must hold a valid driving licence and be willing to drive.
Experience tells us that the people who are successful in this area of work possess key qualities, including the following:
- Self-driven and resourceful
- Team Player and an ability to motivate and support others
- Good Communication and the ability to relate well to other people, especially young people.
- Flexible, calm and emotional resilience.
We welcome applicants with experience and qualifications in Elderly care, Health care, Domiciliary care, Residential Care and Learning support assistant. Experience gained here will serve you well. What you need to be aware of?
What else can we can offer you?
- This is a demanding role, you need to have the confidence to manage a mix of challenging behaviours from children and young people, there will be training and plenty of support.
- All our homes are open 365 days of the year, and you will be required to work on a rota for days, evenings, weekends and bank holidays unless you are a night worker who will be required to work on their designated nights every week and every third Saturday.
- It would be desirable, but not essential, if you already have Level 3 Diploma in Residential Child Care.
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Excellent overtime opportunities.
- Real opportunities for progression with the majority of our senior roles filled internally
- We will cover the cost of the DBS Check
If you feel that you could use your skills to support this work through creating a caring and stimulating environment allowing for a range of opportunities and life experiences for the young people, challenge unacceptable behaviour, provide firm boundaries and provide care which meets the needs of the individual. Please apply.