General Assistant - Bank Exning Court, Suffolk £7.83 to £8.03 per hour (dependent on qualifications) Hours as and when required
We are seeking a General Assistant to make a real difference to the lives of our residents. Exning Court offers both housing and care, suitable for many individuals with care needs, while offering comfortable environments and helping with the pursuit of independent living. If you want to make a positive impact to people's lives, this is a rewarding opportunity to come and work within an established and experienced team.
Read more about Exning Court here The role of General Assistant will include:
Skills and experiences:
- Working with our clients, families, advocates and other staff to ensure a high standard of service
- Undertaking general duties as assigned such as cleaning duties and meal preparation
- Identify and report any hazards and faults to ensure a safe environment is maintained for all stakeholders and to meet regulations and business standards.
- Ensuring service users' choice, privacy, dignity and independence are maintained and respected
Why work for us?
- Working knowledge and experience of undertaking general cleaning duties is essential
- Some experience of working in a domestic or cleaning environment
- Good understanding of written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal skills and a friendly open manner are essential for the success in this role
Retirement Living services provide comfort, independence and peace of mind. Residents live independently, safe in the knowledge that support is available in their home should they need it. Spacious apartments with on-site communal facilities create an environment where residents can enjoy healthy, active and independent lifestyles in their later years. Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
Read the full job profile here
Closing Date: 19 November 2018 We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application. 'For an insight into what it's like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter' Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Retirement Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.