Behaviour Mentor for Secondary school in Bury St Edmunds! Are you recent graduate who's passionate about working with SEN children? Do you have ambitions to work towards a career in Education Psychology or perhaps a teacher? Behaviour Mentor Specification:
• Must hold a 2:1 or higher in their SEN/Education-based/Psychology degree
• Have a good academic record including A-C grades in Maths and English GCSEs
• Have a personable personality with consistent attitude
• Previous experience working with special educational needs
• Proven behaviour management strategies and empathetic listening skills
• Great overall communication skills Behaviour Mentor Role:
In this Behaviour Mentor role, no day-to-day is the same. You will be working in a Secondary school setting. As a Behaviour Mentor you will be provided with full training as you work alongside the class teachers and school SENCo. You will be expected to provide emotional support and care to individuals who suffer with SEMH/SEBD. You will monitor the students progress with their personal development and ensure these are well communicated to put into place. As a Behaviour Mentor your role is to assist pupils in the most effective manor, you should make sure your students are given the praise and positive reinforcement to meet their understandings. Whilst working with SEMH/SEBD students it is key to use and adapt your different teaching abilities to meet the students needs educationally and personally. If this rewarding role takes to your interests to further your career, apply for this Behaviour Mentor role in Bury St Edmunds. Click 'Apply now' to send your CV to Lauren at EduStaff today.
Please note: due to the volume of Behaviour Mentor applications, only successful Behaviour Mentor applications will be contacted.