Our client seeks a commercially focused, strategic Senior Buyer to join their highly professional operation. With a large focus on customer care, the successful applicant will work as a 'Business Partner' across the organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities:-
- To contribute to the control and elimination of costs throughout the supply chain
- Present cost control and saving proposals to the team for development in line with the business needs and targets
- Develop and present for approval procurement strategies in line with top level corporate objectives
- Work with cross functional teams to deliver overall improvements on QCD (quality, cost and delivery)
- Identification and implementation of potential suppliers and products, in line with the business needs and targets
- Negotiation and writing of contracts for all business needs, ensuring QCD performance targets are realistic and achievable
- Maintain existing contracts, ensuring an awareness of market conditions at all times.
- Manage Service and Quality issues to resolution, in line with other business areas
- Resolve any supplier invoice queries and maintain supplier databases with relevant business information
- Conduct frequent business reviews with nominated suppliers, frequency to be determined by Supply Chain Manager in line with purchase category dependency.
- Maintain a portfolio of existing and new supplier contacts
- Monitor supplier performance levels through internal and external audits