Do you want to be part of a multi-disciplinary team of dedicated friendly Teachers, Therapists and Teaching Assistants helping children with social and communication difficulties to blossom and thrive? Do you have a passion for learning, excellent inter-personal skills and are confident, enthusiastic, calm, supportive, resilient and adaptable? We welcome you to apply to join our team. Teaching Assistant Christopher Place About us:
Blossom House School is an Ofsted-rated "Outstanding" specialist school for children aged 3 - 19 years of age with speech, language and communication difficulties. We provide a nurturing environment for children from Foundation Stage, Early Years, Primary, Secondary and Post-16. Although many of the children have some associated difficulties such as fine motor problems or poor organisational skills, they are all within the average range of cognitive abilities. Part of Blossom House, Christopher Place is a specialist independent day school based near Euston, London. We currently have children aged 3 to 8 years; however, we aim to grow our provision with the children throughout the primary phase. Our school has a unique atmosphere created by its totally dedicated, highly professional and caring staff. We acknowledge specific strengths and support individual weaknesses, so that each child "blossoms" and has the opportunity to fulfil his or her potential. What the role involves:
The Teaching Assistant role involves supporting children, assisting the class teacher and therapists, helping to maintain the learning environments and assisting with administration. You may be required to provide ad-hoc or dedicated 1:1 support to specific children and also to provide whole-class support in lessons. We offer:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Small class sizes and the opportunity to work 1-1 with children where possible.
- Support from an enthusiastic and dedicated team of Therapy staff and Teachers who will work alongside you in the classroom. Our Speech & Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapist, Art Therapists, Music Therapists, and Play Therapists aim to maximise each child's potential in a nurturing and supportive environment.
- Continued professional development and training.
- The opportunity to obtain a City & Guilds accredited training course in Behaviour Support Management while working here. We also deliver the Elklan course, which is an accredited speech and language training programme aimed at professionals working in schools.
- An opportunity to pursue a career in Teaching or Therapy where applicable.
- Great staff benefits and a friendly nurturing environment.
The role is Permanent and currently available as Term-Time only or Full Time (please indicate preference) Monday to Friday (08:30 - 17:00)
- Confidence, enthusiasm and a passion for learning.
- Excellent English skills (clear written and spoken English) along with good reading, writing and numeracy skills.
- The ability to build good working relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers.
- Experience of working with children with Special Education Needs (SEN), particularly children on the Autism Spectrum.
- The ability to manage a small group of children with complex social communication needs.
- The ability to promote positive behaviour in a nurturing environment is essential.
- Qualifications preferred include GCSE, CACHE Diploma Level 3 in Child Development or equivalent qualification.
Actual Annual salary: Competitive Market Rate. To Start: ASAP. Closing Date: Wednesday 12th December, 2018. (Early applications are encouraged) If you wish to apply for the post, please download the application form from the school website. Send the completed application form detailing how you meet the requirements of the person specification along with the recruitment activity (on the last page of the advert) by email via the button below by the closing date. This role is subject to the relevant Safeguarding checks, which will include an Enhanced DBS check and right to work in the UK checks. This role does not meet the requirements for sponsored work permits.