Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
£40,000 to £50.000 per annum plus car / allowance and benefits package
Our client is a medium size main contractor based within the Great Yarmouth area. The company work mainly within the commercial sectors covering schools, hospitals and offices. The company has reached a point where they are looking to recruit an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team.
The role will provide the opportunity to run your own projects ranging in value from £150K to £1.5 million. The successful candidate will be reporting directly to a commercial manager and has great opportunities to progress your career into a senior management role.
* Line management and integration of new team members where appropriate
* Ensure cash flow is maximised including ensuring payments are received on time
* Provide commercial input including financial and contractual performance forecasts to the management team.
* Help ensure that business targets and KPI's are exceeded
* Preparation of monthly cost / value reports, together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
* Production of commercial reports together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
* Physical measurement of works and agreement of same with client and subcontractors
* Agreement of certification and payment of subcontractor accounts - monitoring of such accounts against forecasts
* Implementation and compliance with the contract change control procedure and monitoring thereof including notices to client as appropriate
* Managing sub-contractors including sending out enquiries, collating prices, comparing with tender, negotiation, order placement, agreement of account and payment
* Have a proven track record as a quantity surveyor within the construction industry
* Have experience of working for a main contractor
* Educated to Degree level, or equivalent experience
* Commercial and contractual awareness
* Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Excel
* Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally
* Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management
Please contact Ian Farr on (Apply online only) for more information on this and other roles