Assistant Trade Centre Supervisor
Kier Local Highways are currently recruiting for an Assistant Trade Centre Supervisor to join the Ayton products business.
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group with 88 UK offices and over 22,000 employees. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
Kier Highways design roads, bridges and intelligent transport systems (ITS), covering strategic and nationally important roads, as well as local roads serving local communities. Our projects range from major improvements to complete renewals of roads and structures. With specialist teams, we manage complex works from conception through to handover at the end of maintenance periods.
* To cover assist in the day to day running of the Wymondham Trade Centre.
* To cover Trade Centre Supervisors statutory and personal development training.
* To cover annual holiday.
* To stagger start and finish times with Trade Centre Supervisor to ensure depot is open from 6.00am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
* To cover lunchtime and statutory breaks.
* To cover any illness or other unscheduled absences.
* To monitor and order resale stock for both internal and external supply.
* To assist with monthly, quarterly and yearly stocktakes.
* To serve customers, offering assistance and technical advice as required.
* Produce a cash and credit card reconciliation on a daily basis.
* Collate, sort, code and deliver previous days invoices and associated paperwork to the sales and finance offices on a daily basis.
* To receive and check in deliveries and act as a first point of contact for visitors to the site.
* To issue visitor inductions and ensure site rules are understood and adhered to.
* To operate weighbridge and induct visiting bulk emulsion collection drivers.
* Assist in the loading of customer vehicles.
* Assist in the unloading of delivery vehicles.
* Help to push future sales.
* Other duties as necessary to assist with the day to day running of the Trade Centre in a safe and cost effective manner.
* Spend 2 hours per day or as available assisting in the processing of Sales Invoices in the sales office
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Good commercial understanding
* Excellent communication skills
* Numerate and literate
* Highly organised
* Able to manage customer and supplier expectations
* Sound expectational background
* Computer and IT literate
* Counterbalance forklift truck licence (although training can be given)
* Experience in a sales/customer facing environment
* Building product knowledge /ability to learn quickly
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let's shape your world together