My client, a leading provider of RF, microwave, microelectronics, and security technologies for critical and high reliability applications is seeking an Optoelectronics Product Design Engineer to join its Engineering Department in Great Yarmouth.
As member of the Engineering team you will provide technical design and layout expertise for both customer & internal- released & development products.
You will ensure the successful execution of changes and launching of new products and customer satisfaction as well as contribute to the attainment of departmental goals/objectives, establishment of guidelines, documentation, planning/development for the advancement of the department.
Your main responsibilities and duties will include (But not be limited to):-
* To define, design & develop Opto electronic products for harsh environment applications
* Define and develop Opto electronics manufacturing processes
* Define and develop Opto electronics testing systems & methods
* Define and develop optical fibre interconnects
* Manufacture of prototype products
* Perform and report verification testing of prototype product
* Transfer products from NPI to Manufacture
* undertake identified aspects of the design and development of new products
* actively improve or optimise aspects of design, function or processing of existing key products
* support other departments with urgent issues relating to existing designs or testing, and to formulate effective solutions
The successful candidate will be educated to bachelor's degree level and have previous experience in electronics and optoelectronics design engineering.
My client offers a very competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days annual leave, company pension including life insurance and sick pay schemes.
If you are interested in this role, please apply to this advert, attaching your most up to date CV and one of our consultants will be in touch