Hunter Global are currently recruiting for a Broiler Farm Manager to be operate at a client site in the Suffolk Area. The suitable candidate will be looking after over after 60,000 birds and will have extensive experience within the industry.
Duties & Responsibilities -
* To work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc. Contribute to that department/ add value by developing requisite skills in this area in line with company competency framework. To work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc. To manage and monitor ventilation, heating, feed, water and lighting patterns within agreed guidelines to ensure the highest quality atmosphere so that birds can thrive. Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all matters relating to birds, food, and suppliers, ensuring that an adequate supply is maintained and controlled to acceptable levels.
* Communicating with other departments to ensure a smooth operation through reporting weights, correct bird numbers and information relating to bird being safe to slaughter and quality. Ensure that all hygiene procedures are carried out to Company specification, all damage is identified and reported and minimising any environmental impact. Bird welfare to be of utmost priority at all times. Be responsible for all personnel's health & safety entering the farm, all employees' welfare, induction training and regular development through progress reviews.
* To ensure that the professional image of the Company is portrayed at all times both on and off company facilities. Estate management through training to undertake maintenance at an agreed level. Any other reasonable duties as required in your specific day-to-day work. To liaise closely with the Regional Management Team at all times. To advise and recommend any improvements in methods and/or operation which could improve efficiency and economy. To have a basic understanding and working knowledge of the operation of all equipment on the farm. Liaising with the Farm Manager, Services Manager and maintenance Teams in order that defects are corrected promptly and without jeopardising the birds' welfare. This includes fault finding and identification and minor or emergency repairs where these can be carried out safely and competently.
* To take responsibility for the overall security of the farm at all times. Ensuring that premises are locked, and all reasonable precautions are taken to deter entry of unauthorised personnel. To receive when required authorised personnel. To liaise closely and assist with other operations such as vaccinating, bird weighing and catching and collection to ensure that correct numbers and weights are reported, thus maintaining a smooth operation through processing, aimed specifically to Customer satisfaction. To liaise closely and efficiently with the Regional Management Team in order to maintain correct and up to date records of all matters relating to birds, food, supplies etc. To ensure that adequate supply of all essential stock is maintained, and correct ordering carried out when necessary. Ensuring weekly returns are made to the office. To apply and uphold all aspects of Company Personnel policy and in particular to maintain fair standards of discipline, good communication and industrial relations and relations with neighbours, local authorities etc. To be aware of basic first aid should anyone require attention. To be in possession of the Basic Food Hygiene certificate as per E.U. Ruling.
* To take responsibility, in conjunction with the Regional Management Team, for self-development and training in all aspects of farm management. Where applicable to manage, motivate and train all farm staff in all areas of farm operation, including poultry husbandry and commercial aspects to Company standard, maintaining progress by regular reviews increasing their performance and level of responsibility. Maintain communication with the Regional Management Team, regarding the performance of the crop, thus ensuring the efficient performance of each flock. Maintain the professional integrity and appearance of the farm, dwellings and staff at all times.
* To maintain at all times the required high standards of housekeeping, ensuring that the farm is kept clean and tidy, all roadways are free of litter or weeds and the grass is well cut so that the best image of the Company is portrayed, and the risk of vermin contamination is reduced. To ensure that all hygiene procedures are carried out to Company specifications. That chemicals are utilised safely and to correct levels by monitoring the activities of the Service Teams, so that the microbiological integrity of the farms' hygiene is maintained at all times. Any shortfall in such procedures should be reported immediately to Senior management. To recruit labour, where necessary, but only in accordance with Regional Managers approval, budgets and establishment levels.
* To ensure that all aspects of Company policy regarding health and safety are adhered to so that bad practices which could be injurious to self, other employees or visitors are eliminated. To be aware, at all times, of personnel working on the farm and their activities, especially those working alone or in isolated areas.
* To understand and implement all procedures and Codes of Practice relating to all aspects of farm management and Broiler growing To promote future development across the Lincolnshire Broiler division, Encourage the development of new employees and further development for existing employees. To assist Assistant Farm Managers to further their career within the division. To coordinate workshops in relation to Health and Safety and Training.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required -
* Previous involvement in field
* Sound decision maker
* Be prepared to undertake NVQs
* Will have good People Management skills
* Will hold a Full UK Driving Licence
* Must hold Broiler Farm Management Experience
* Be Competent in Budget management
* Must have Previous supervisory experience
* Knowledge of Environmental issues
* NVQ in Poultry Management experience is preferred but not essential; an NVQ will be applied for.
Other Information -
* Flexibility in hours of work is essential.
* A competitive salary will be offered, and a house will be provided.
If you believe that you have the relevant experience, expertise and knowledge for this position we would like to speak to you.
Hunter Global Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment / and employment business for the supply of temporary workers