Your new company
A leading UK business with sites across the UK are looking to recruit a qualified Accountant to join the business as Management Accountant on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract at their offices near Felixstowe, Suffolk Your new role
The Management Accountant will provide financial leadership to an established finance team, ensuring delivery of accurate and timely management accounts within a robust control environment. A key focus will be business partnering the leadership team who operate in a fast paced and challenging market environment. Operating as deputy to the Head of Finance, the individual will need to successfully lead and motivate the team to achieve and exceed business expectations. This is a fixed-term, 12 month, role with view of becoming permanent afterwards.
Duties and responsibilities:
What you'll need to succeed
- Business partner to the Regional General Managers of the business unit, providing analysis and insight to challenge and support the business leadership teams.
- Proactively establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with key customers including the Operations, Finance, Procurement and Legal teams.
- Identify and initiate profit improvement initiatives and drive through to delivery with the Operational teams
- Deliver a strong control environment across the Finance team with a focus on risk management and ledger controls
- Work with business partners to develop and deliver short, medium (budget) and longer term (3-year business plan) financial plans.
- Support the Head of Finance with new business projects, commercial pricing proposals and contract negotiations, ensuring the appropriate balance of risk and reward is maintained.
- Lead, motivate and develop the finance team within the Business Unit.
- Responsibility for weekly, monthly and annually budgeting and forecasting processes. (supported by the Contract Accountant)
- To control and manage all period end internal management accounts processes for the business.
- Ensure all central reporting and process compliance is followed correctly and timely
- Ensure the timely and accurate reporting of the weekly P&L with supporting commentary and explanation
- Ensure all finance team functions are completed accurately, correctly and in a timely manner (including Subcontractors and Fuel reporting)
- Challenge and improve all existing processes to drive benefit to the business
The Management Accountant will be a commercially focused and results driven fully qualified accountant with broad financial and management accounting, commercial analysis and business partnering skills. They will be an excellent communicator able to negotiate, influence and present at all levels internal and external, finance and non finance. They will enjoy working in a fast moving environment where they can really influence strategy and performance.What you'll get in return
The Management Accountant will be offered a highly competitive salary in the region of £50,000 to £55,000 plus a flexible benefits package. The vacancy is for a 12 month fixed term contract with the possibility of joining the business on a permanent basis upon completion of the contract.What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.