Sommelier de Rang
Outskirts of Sudbury
Up to £21K + Tips
Live In Accommodation
Our retained client is currently recruiting for a Sommelier de Rang, for their award winning Hotel and Restaurant in Suffolk. This picturesque luxury hotel, with a kitchen headed by a Multi Award Winning chef currently holds 2AA Rosettes, and they require a Sommelier de Rang who is passionate about wine and dedicated to high end customer service. This hotel and restaurant produce a very high level of cuisine, which is all sourced locally and with only the best ingredients used. This venue offers a well-established and well respected service to locals and visitors alike. Their amazing restaurant has a traditional style, exceptional service and a team that exceeds every guest's expectations. The ideal Sommelier de Rang will support the Head Sommelier in the running of the wine department, and will use their knowledge and skills to guide the guests through their dining experience. You will be responsible for:
You will have:
- Helping to push sales to gain the best possible profit for the restaurant.
- Creating the perfect journey from start to finish with the diners.
- Taking beverage orders, for cocktails, aperitifs, wines and liquors.
- Identifying when decanting of wine is required, and performing it as needed.
- Experience within a fine dining or Michelin/Rosette level restaurant
- A Sommelier qualification equivalent to a WSET Level 1 or 2
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Passion for all things food and drink
Live in accommodation can be provided for the right candidate, and due to the village location of this hotel and restaurant, the right applicant will need to be a car driver if not living-in. If you are passionate about high end service of wine and beverages, and are looking for a challenging new step in your Sommelier career, then this is a fantastic opportunity, so please send your CV to Erika!