Customer Service Advisor-
We are currently looking for Customer Service Advisors to join our Client's team in Ipswich, handling Travel Insurance Claims.
Insurance experience isn't essential, as people from a variety of different backgrounds have been successful in this role. If you have a customer service, travel industry, hospitality, healthcare or retail background then we want to hear from you!
Working simultaneously on the telephone and computer, you will be able to build rapport and show empathy, whilst obtaining all of the essential information required efficiently and giving your customers the best possible claims experience.. Your responsibilities will include:
- Registering travel claims on behalf of policyholders
- Sending out the relevant claim forms via email or post
- Assessing documentation; requesting further information if required, referring cases when necessary to the relevant department, declining claims that aren't covered and submitting payments for authorisation
- Handling queries and providing updates to policyholders regarding the status of their claim
Upon completion of the training programme, you will be able to make decisions regarding the customer's policy cover in order to establish their payment eligibility, and as your knowledge and your confidence increases, you will be given more discretion and authority. This position is a 35 hour working week, between the hours 8.00am-8.00pm Monday to Friday and 9.00am-5.00pm on Saturdays, which are one in every three. You'll work on a rotating 8 hour shift pattern with one hour unpaid for lunch.
To be successful in this role you'll need:
- Confident communication skills and the ability to explain detailed information clearly and concisely
- Good attention to detail as you'll be updating case notes as well corresponding with your customers via e-mail and in writing
- Customer service experience, ideally in a fast paced environment
- An aptitude for working with numbers as you'll be calculating customer payments
If you have any previous claims experience or knowledge of the insurance industry, it would be extremely advantageous and enable you to progress more quickly.