Are you looking to make a difference to someone's life, supporting a person with a learning disability in their day to day life.
We are a bungalow of 5 individuals with varying needs and we are looking for someone to support us in our daily lives so that we can reach out full potential.
We are located in Haverhill which is a small market town in Suffolk, about 40 minutes from Cambridge and Bury St Edmunds.
We live in a spacious 6-bedroom bungalow which we like to keep clean and organised. Attached to the bungalow is a nice sunny walled garden that we like to use in the summer.
We are a very active bunch. We attend a variety of activities which include swimming cycling and lots of walking, rock choir amongst many others.
We are looking for someone who is happy to pick up a variety of shifts, shifts run between 7am-10pm 7 days a week. you would also be required to do a minimum of 1 sleep-in per week and also be included in an on call rota a minimum of once every 4 weeks,
Typical shifts are 07:00 -10:00, 07:00 - 16:00, 16:00 - 21:30 and a typical sleep in shift is 16:00-22:00 and a 07:00 -10:00 the following morning. These are subject to change depending on our needs.
You will find it extremely rewarding to see the people we support achieve goals, overcome challenges and enjoy their lives by accessing the social activities and day trips they choose.
Previous experience is not essential, you will need to share our Mencap values and be a caring, positive and trustworthy person who is keen to support adults with a learning disability. It is not essential to drive.
Job reference 13772 We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
*T&C's apply based on contract
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major supermarkets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program