An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic, driven individual looking for a career in Operations Management. The ECS Group is a dynamic organisation comprising of five companies across Europe and specialises in Business Management Consulting within the automotive industry; working with global brands on high-profile, high-pressure projects. We have a vacancy for a JUNIOR OPERATIONS COORDINATOR based in our UK Head Office in Ipswich, Suffolk. You will join a fast-paced business in the midst of huge success. You will work closely with the Operations Manager as well as with experienced operational teams based throughout Europe. DAY-TO-DAY ACTIVITY
Your initial daily tasks will include:
- Assisting in the coordination and reporting of operational activity for major automotive manufacturers.
- Communicating on daily tasks with the operational teams throughout the organisation.
- Supporting the Operations Manager with projects; at local-level through to global initiatives.
- Managing KPIs and operational targets.
- Providing analysis and reports on activity for both internal use and for customers.
The role requires a unique combination of analytical skills, operational skills, and project management - working to ensure processes run smoothly, efficiently and on time. You'll need to be both organised and business-aware as you'll be liaising with a range of individuals, creating documentation and maintaining constant communication with all parties involved. Full development support will be given including exposure to all aspects of our business operations. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will:
- Have good communication and influencing skills - verbal and written.
- Be computer literate (Microsoft Office and web-based systems).
- Be able to work effectively and proficiently without supervision.
- Have strong planning and analytical skills.
- Have customer management skills.
- Be driven to succeed and not shy away from challenges.
- Be willing to learn and establish themselves within the organisation.
The successful candidate would greatly benefit from:
- Experience working in the automotive industry (manufacturer or dealership level).
- History in a coordinator position (e.g. Service Advisor).
- A degree or similar in a relevant subject (Administration, Business, Engineering).
- 20 days holiday - increasing by one day every year (after two years employment) up to 25 days total.
- Working hours 08:30 - 17:30, Monday to Friday.
- The chance to join a fast-growing organisation with career progression opportunities.
- Regular office social activities.
- Opportunities to travel and experience new countries and cultures.
- Probationary period of six months.
07 January 2019