Job Title: Construction Planner
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: #430
Location: East Anglia
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: To £70k basic plus competitive package
Company & Project: Top 10 main contractor operating in the Education, Commercial, Healthcare, Defence and Leisure & Retail sectors on a national basis, are seeking to recruit a Construction Planner to complement their Construction Delivery team.
Our client is arguably the busiest contractor in the East Anglian market for both number and value of projects. They have posted strong financial results for the past 5 years on a national and regional basis, and have experienced a period of exponential organsiational growth in the past 18 months.
Duties & Responsibilities: Responsible to the Operations Manager, you will be expected to perform live project progress monitoring and reporting, on larger projects, £10m+ in the Cambridgeshire, Norfolk & Suffolk area.
This candidate should have an excellent knowledge of ASTA PowerProject and be fully conversant with producing construction programmes. Previous experience in a practical construction role is essential including construction delivery, and a basic appreciation of technical design.
A proactive approach will be required for progress monitoring including regular site inspections and weekly update meetings with the Project Managers and periodical reporting.
Our client is open to considering candidates who have worked as a Project Manager, Site Manager, or Site Engineer, if they possess the software skills in using ASTA Powerproject.
* Construction planning experience on larger projects, £10m+.
* Minimum of 10 years' experience with recognised main contractors in construction management and/or planning roles.
* Expert user of ASTA PowerProject including full cost and resource
* Ideally with a strong working knowledge of NEC contracts, including the programming required for the same.
* Sector experience must include Education projects - D&B, New Build & Refurbishment.
* Previous Roles: Project Manager OR Site Manager OR Site Engineer OR Senior Planner OR Project Planner OR Planner.
Qualifications & Skills: Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management from a recognised institution at 2:1 or better. A strong working knowledge of ASTA PowerProject is essential.
Application Process: If you would like more information on this Construction Planner position or any other vacancy please email your current CV through where it will be reviewed and you will be contacted within 48 hours if your CV is of interest.
Services advertised by Apple Technical Recruitment are that of an Employment Agency/Business