R13 are currently assisting a global, industry leading automotive supplier, based in Thetford, to recruit a Suspension Design Engineer. This role is available due to significant company growth. The main focus of this role will be to develop and optimise suspension systems for customer vehicles, as well as in-house projects.
This is a brilliant opportunity to work on niche projects for a growing company, that prides itself on the excellent service it provides and the strong relationships they have with their clients. You will gain invaluable knowledge and develop your skills through this role.
**Please note that for this opportunity, it is essential that you hold a Full UK Driving License **
Your duties will include:
* Developing and optimising suspension systems for customer vehicles, as well as in-house projects, utilising MTCE's chassis development rig and proprietary software.
* Optimisation of grip for race car suspension, including Formula 1, LMP1, Formula E and many other categories.
* Optimisation of road car suspension for performance, comfort and grip.
* Development and optimisation of MTCE's suspension products, including dampers, springs, etc. using the same techniques.
* Using Knowledge of suspension design to create bespoke products.
* Directly dealing with customers.
* Presenting information to customer
You will have/be:
* At least 10 years' proven experience within a similar or related position within the automotive industry.
* A background in suspension design or similar previous experience.
* An engineering degree or equivalent skill level/aptitude.
* Able to demonstrate analytical problem-solving skills.
* The drive to reach challenging goals.
* Confidence is presenting to groups of people.
* Comfortable working in a high-pressure environment.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to operate within a team environment (team spirit) are vital requirements to succeed in this role.
* Knowledge of suspension design would be a distinct advantage as would an understanding of hydraulic systems.
This is the perfect position for someone to join an award-winning company who pride themselves on their innovation and excellence. This is a full time, permanent position, working from Thetford. This role also includes a comprehensive benefits package and a friendly, supportive working environment.
How to apply:
To hear more details about this fantastic opportunity please email your CV to Louise Prowse - Recruitment Specialist at rthirteen recruitment.
Powered by our principals - we link individuals with opportunities to fulfil their potential, and introduce client partners to associates to aid their business evolution. Contact us, for a completely confidential chat. rthirteen, clever recruiting which makes a difference.
Due to the high numbers of applications we receive for advertised vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this opportunity. rthirteen will retain your details, and contact you with any other forthcoming opportunities which we feel may be appropriate