Do you love sales?
Are you a natural at creating New Revenue Streams?
The role of the Sales Manager (SM) has direct responsibility for sales and market share growth. The role will be directly accountable to deliver new sales revenues in accordance with the operational and strategic objectives of the company.
For all new opportunities generated the SM will be responsible for delivering information, in sufficient detail, to allow the business unit to prepare a timely and accurate detailed cost/bid proposal; this information should include any data relating to market price expectations, programme knowledge and future volume projections. The SM will ultimately be responsible for maximising the margin on all new business opportunities.
In the course of their duties the SM shall be expected to identify and present to the Head of Business Development and Sales any potential new revenue streams that may require investment in either manufacturing technology/process and/or new product development.
The role of Sales Manager will involve a considerable amount of travel domestically and International.
The role will also involve:
· Undertake Sales & Marketing Research to: -
· Identify potential new customers, programmes, products and markets.
· Plan visit campaigns to maximise number of contacts and efficiency of travel
· Maximise number of value add visits
· Keep abreast of market trends (both technical & economic)
· Ensure New Business Generation Targets are achieved
· Negotiate internally to maximise margins. Negotiate with customer sales price and T&Cs.
· Identify and advise the Head of Business Development and Sales and Senior Management of all new market opportunities, potential products and services.
· Communicate and appraise the Head of Business Development and Sales and Senior Management of all current market and competitive issues
· Produce company reports, as required.
· Maintain customer based data
· Provide accurate and timely forecast.
The successful candidate will have the following:
· Experienced in Field Sales.
· Knowledge of Sales strategies and tactics.
· Understanding in the supply of commodity electronic components.
· Understanding of high reliability electronics manufacturing
· Knowledge and contacts in various electronics markets including Defence, Civil Aerospace, Space, Oil& Gas
· Advanced Opto-Electronics market experience.
· Advanced microelectronic modules & packaging techniques
· EMS / PCBA market
· RF & Microwave market
· Qualified to Degree level in Electronic or similar area
· Ideally 5 years minimum, experience of sales & business planning
The client offers an excellent competitive salary, pension and healthcare.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Claire Turner at Interaction Recruitment