£65,000 to £75,000 per annum plus package
Our client is a small but rapidly growing privately owned, groundworks sub-contractor with over 20 years of trading. The company is based in Suffolk with easy access to the A14 and operate throughout Suffolk. .
The company provide the full range of Groundworks and Civil Engineering services including groundworks, sewers, drainage and roads. The company is actively growing both the size of contracts and their client base and are looking to recruit a suitably qualified individual to assist in the management of our existing work and to have input in the growth of the company. The company offer a great career path to Managing Quantity Surveyor and eventually to Commercial Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Aid estimating department including take off's, sub contract prices and rate build-ups.
* Submit Valuations / agree final accounts
* Cost variations and ensuring contractual compliance with notifications.
* Monitor contract costs against agreed budgets - company financial reporting.
* Develop and monitor the use of cost and financial reporting systems.
* Identify potential risks and evaluate options for control.
* Guide and develop site staff, identifying training where necessary
* Monitor contract compliance against statutory requirements.
* Oversee the procedures for certification for contract payments to sub-contractors
Qualifications and Skills
* Qualified to HND or higher in a relevant commercial or quantity surveying discipline
* Experience of commercial works in the construction industry, ideally roads/surfacing/steel frame buildings/drainage. Ideally a minimum of 5years experience.
* Knowledge of JCT/ NEC contracts
* Knowledge of Conquest or similar estimating software
* Good people skills are essential as our business is built on many years of negotiated and repeat business with large Plc organisations.
* Up to £75,000 per annum depending on experience.
* Company vehicle or car allowance
* Phone and Lap Top
* 20 days holidays + bank holidays.
* Pension scheme
* Discretionary Bonus-based on specific and company performance
Please contact Ian Farr on (Apply online only) for a confidential discussion on this and other quantity surveying roles