**This position has now been filled but please do still send your CV to us for other potential vacancies**
R13 recruitment are collaborating with a well-established training provider in their search for a Functional Skills Tutor to join them at their Great Yarmouth Centre. The role will involve supporting young people who may be disabled, disadvantages or dis-engaged with mainstream education, so a real passion for educating is essential. You will work to develop exciting and engaging sessions based around a recognised curriculum, that incorporated Maths, English, ICT and Employability. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who wants to have a positive influence on the lives of young people, enabling them to learn and gain qualifications that will allow them to progress towards successful careers. Duties to include:
You will have/be:
- Creating dynamic and engaging learning sessions which appeal to learners who may not have been successful in a mainstream educational environment.
- Delivering learning sessions, assuring all learners remain engaged and progress accordingly.
- Proactively reviewing learner progress and identifying additional support areas and creating action plans to address and improve performance.
- Recording of learner progress on internal database system regularly to track progress.
- Behaviour management, recognising potential issues and resolving swiftly.
- Ensuring all learners are involved in decision making through learner voice forums, survey, attendance and review sessions.
- Undertaking verbal and written reports to ensure accurate and timely learner's reviews.
- Supporting learners independently with academic and personal difficulties.
- Managing all onsite resources to ensure security of materials and equipment.
- Level 2 (or equivalent) English and Maths qualification (equivalent to GCSE A-C).
- A genuine desire to positively influence young people's futures through the provision of recognised qualifications outside of the mainstream education system.
- A creative approach and an understanding of different learning / teaching styles.
- The ability to make Functional Skills relevant and interesting.
- Effective communication skills, coupled with the ability to engage with a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work in a high pressured environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Confidence to handle challenging behaviour from learners.
- Capability to encourage, motivate and positively influence learners to high levels of achievement.
- Exceptional organisational skills and be able to effectively prioritise workload.
- A minimum of 2 years teaching experience in 14-19 provision.
- Full teaching qualification e.g. PGCE, Cert Ed, C&G 7407, CTLLS or DTLLS.
- Previous experience of delivering training or supporting young people with LDDs including attitude and behaviour problems.
- Experience of organising and leading projects with young people.
Please note that as part of the interview process you will be required to create and deliver a short learning session to a group of learners on a key topic. Where you do not possess a teaching or training qualification, you must be committed to gaining this within a specified timeframe. This will be fully funded by the business. **You will be required to undertake an enhanced CRB check for this position**
This is a full time permanent role. Offered salary of up to £27,000 DOE. A comprehensive benefits package is offered including: 25 days holiday + bank holidays + opportunity to purchase additional holiday time, annual personal training budget, pension, company discount platform. How to apply:
To hear more details about this fantastic opportunity please email your CV to Louise Prowse - Recruitment Specialist at rthirteen recruitment. About rthirteen:
Powered by our principals - we link individuals with opportunities to fulfil their potential, and introduce client partners to associates to aid their business evolution. Contact us, for a completely confidential chat. rthirteen, clever recruiting which makes a difference. Due to the high numbers of applications we receive for advertised vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this opportunity. rthirteen will retain your details, and contact you with any other forthcoming opportunities which we feel may be appropriate.