Assistant / Intermediate Estimator - Construction
£25,000 to £30,000 per annum plus car / allowance and benefits package
Our client is a well established sub-contractor based in the Great Yarmouth area. The company takes on work ranging from residential new build to commercial new build and refurbishments. The role has come about due to expansion. The company is ambitious and are able to provide a strong career path for candidates that wish to progress. The company is open minded to the level of candidate and will look at experienced assistant estimators looking for progression to established professionals that are looking for a good company to work for.
The successful candidate will assist and produce priced tenders that are accurate, clearly detailed, competitive and returned within deadlines. Maintain good relationships with prospective clients and professionals to promote further tender invitations and provide clearly identified price build-ups to the Contract team.
* Provide accurate budgets/cost plans
* Provide a detailed "take-off" and Bill of Quantities (BQ) using estimating software package
* Obtain competitive prices for materials and sub-contract packages
* Oversee or complete quote analysis comparisons
* Check and amend rate/price build-ups where necessary
* Prepare tender build-ups for internal adjudication and carry out adjustments where necessary
* Preparation and collation of relevant information/ documentation for handover meeting, ensuring all teams are suitably briefed
* Discuss the clients requirements for a pre-tender meeting with relevant departments, present and answer all questions regarding cost of works
* Participate in post-tender meetings with clients
* Ideally educated to HNC or above within a construction subject.
* Have estimating experience with a main contractor, sub-contractor or house builder
* Live within a commutable distance of Colchester, Essex
* Word processing and computer skills for record keeping/data entry and report writing - Word and Excel.
* Knowledge of contractual procedures and responsibilities.
Please contact Ian Farr on (phone number removed) for more information on this and other estimating roles we have