Our client, an offshore solution company, based in Norwich, is currently seeking a Senior Project Engineer to join their team.
* Do you have Team Leader experience, mentoring and leading a team?
* Are you experienced in financial forecasting in a project environment?
* Are you able to communicate both effectively and professionally with the ability to simplify information to distil and relate to others?
If so, this could be the role for you!
Reporting to both the Deputy and General Manager of Projects, you will take responsibility for the control and delivery of projects through to successful final offshore installation.
This will include cost control - ensuring project margin is achieved, scheduling- ensuring on time delivery is achieved as well as customer satisfaction - ensuring the client is delighted with the project delivery at all stages.
* Undertake the duties of a line manager for staff assigned to you, taking responsibility for supporting their development and growth as Engineers, providing support and coaching as required.
* To provide drive and energy for the completion of all allocated projects/project.
* Ensuring all tasks are carried out in accordance with company policies and procedures and in line with ISO 18001/9001/14001 guidelines/requirements.
* Act as the "go to person" for complex and valuable projects, providing expertise and guidance to internal and external stakeholders, dealing with both the commercial and technical aspects of the project delivery.
* Undertake tasks as required as part of the Duty Manager rota, and provide holiday cover at management level for the existing Project Managers.
* To act as the project focal point and to identify risk such as commercial, contractual, design, schedule and make assessment of such risk and minimise its impact on the business, highlighting such issues to senior staff.
* Support Sales in the preparation of bids and quotations ensuring technical, operational and commercial aspects are addressed.
* Define, manage and drive the project delivery schedule, identifying critical path items and capturing all QA/QC elements.
* To understand the scope of the project, understanding progress, and to ensure the project is on track to meet all correct "gates" (S.I.T & F.A.T., mobilisation and product release)
* Ownership of ordering material / services in good time to meet project requirements and to raise material enquiries and purchase requisitions.
* Lead meetings with the design team and instigate or actively participate in Design reviews.
* Own and present to Directors reviews on Project Progress.
* Instigate HAZID and HAZOP meetings (as necessary)
* Approval of Purchase Orders and Invoices in line with the project requirements/budgets.
* Checking and approval of detailed technical documents, reports and drawings linked to own project.
The ideal candidate will be qualified to City and Guilds / NVQ level in a relevant Engineering / Mechanical / Electrical disciple.
A HND / HNC in Engineering or a degree in Engineering would be advantageous, however not essential for this position.
The successful candidate will ideally have previous experience in a similar role including testing, load out, operations and service quality. You will have good IT skills including Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook. You will also have excellent problem solving, decision making and communication skills along with the personal drive, confidence and ability to influence others.
A Project Management qualification (AMP / Prince 2 /Six Sigma) would be a bonus.
For further details regarding this fantastic opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I'm afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd