Overview of role:
A vacancy has arisen within our Engineering Department for a mechanically biased Multi-Skilled Engineer based in Bury St. Edmunds. The role will involve maintaining a high speed bottling line 25,000BPH with wet glue and pressure sensitive label application.
Reporting to the Small Pack Engineering Manager, the position requires an experienced Multi-Skilled Mechanical Engineer who has worked in a time pressured production environment and served a recognised Mechanical Apprenticeship. Above all, the successful candidate must be flexible, motivated, committed and be able to produce results through teamwork. The key responsibilities and skills for the role are:
* Resolve faults efficiently with minimal downtime to the Production Department
* A sound knowledge of process equipment, pumps, valves etc.
* Diagnosis of pneumatic circuits, valves etc.
* Ability to weld process pipework (non-essential)
* Carry out planned maintenance (PPM's) and plant continuous improvements relating to all process equipment for liquid handling to be completed to the required standards
* Utilise CMMS software package
* Basic Electrical skills, to fault find on medium to low voltage circuits
Key Skills and Attributes:
* Extensive knowledge of Food / Packaging Mechanical industry
* Common knowledge of PLC controlled equipment
* Positive working attitude / ability to work on your own and part of a team
* Organised and diligent in all areas of work, with a high attention to detail
* Excellent / confident communication skills
* Ability to remain calm and focused when working under pressure
* Ability to work to the Values of Customer, Results, Respect and Team
* We currently run a three shift, 5 day rotating pattern Monday to Friday
* 6-2 /2-10 /10-6 this can flex to 12 hour shifts 6-6 shift when holidays are taken by the team
* 240hrs holiday a year (bank holidays required as and when)
* Shift Rates as follows: Saturday 1.437 /Sunday Double time
* Monday to Friday we run a single rate banked hour system that is paid at the end of the financial year (maximum 240hrs banked)
* Banked hours can be requested when the plant is not required to run providing maintenance work is up to date and not required