A leading developer company based in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk are seeking a Technical Manager to join their team.
The salary for this position is negotiable depending upon experience.
This firm have been established for 15 years, have an experience team who pinpoint sites for housing development companies throughout the East Anglia location for residential and commercial builds.
What does the position involve?
Manage and co-ordinate all technical matters from site appraisal and feasibility to the point of disposal or build. You will report to the Planning Director on a daily basis.
Manage and co-ordinate all technical matters relating to projects assigned to you
Qualified to HNC level in construction related disciplines
10 years post qualification technical experience
This experience will have been gained whilst working for consultants, house builders, developers or contractors
You will have a good understanding of the development process
Must have excellent communication and co-ordination skills
Will be a strong team player who is also able to work independently
Main objective is to add value by providing technical input at feasibility, planning, and build or disposal stages, ensuring the most efficient, value engineered, technical solutions required to deliver schemes in accordance with the project programme and in the most cost effective manner.
Undertake technical appraisals on sites being considered for promotion/acquisition to inform DT of all technical constraints and opportunities to development.
Obtain a full suite of surveys e.g. topographical, underground services trace, asbestos, condition, site investigation, contamination assessment, structural, arboricultural, party wall, ecological and services enquiries including budget quotes and the costs of any diversions or off-site reinforcement required.
Brief, agree scope, obtain fee proposals, appoint, manage and co-ordinate multi-disciplined teams of consultants and contractors, ensuring high standards of output from consultants and ensuring approvals for all designs are secured from relevant bodies.
Other duties include:
Attend project and design meetings as required.
* Active involvement in community engagement exercises. These may involve attendance on Saturdays and/or weekday evenings.
* Assist DT with discharging any planning conditions which are considered to add value or enhance the disposal process.
* Collate technical documentation for upload to a data room used to market sites.
* Cad up transfer and contract plans as drafted by DT.
* Attend interviews with potential purchasers and address matters raised
* Assist purchasers with post acquisition and occupation queries.
* Assist with general administration and project support where necessary.
* Prepare plans when needed, help towards their continued improvement of the internal project management systems and procedures.
You will be required to liaise with other members of the project delivery teams, such as investors, local planning and highways authorities, LLFAs, registered providers (housing association's), surveyors and many more. The applicant will have a good commercial awareness and use resources effectively, programme and prioritise work to ensure that delays do not occur. Must be able to communicate clearly and develop/sustain good working relationships with clients.
If you are looking for a new challenge, apply today or contact Jack at Prime Appointments (you will find my contact details on our website).
I will look forward to speaking with you