Business Development Manager | Energy Saving | Innovative Company
Sectors: sustainability; washroom & sanitary sales; energy and water saving
Location: Remote, with frequent travel required across the UK to customer locations and regular visits to the Bury St Edmunds head office
Our client is uniquely positioned as a full-service efficiency partner to organisations who intend to reduce energy, water and carbon usage to improve sustainability.
A fast-growing innovative UK based company with International trade in Energy saving products.
Turnover last year was £3 Million, this year will be £5 Million with growth projected to £40 Million within 5 years. They now want to develop out a material business unit in 2019 that majors on offering new customers and existing customers a smarter way to buy their commodity i.e. Electricity, Gas and Water.
They have just created an exciting business unit with one of their biggest customers, a large branded manufacturer who supply and install energy efficient branded toilets to commercial washrooms across the UK. They are now scaling their operations to deliver thousands of units per year and become the market leader. Our client is now working exclusively with this major branded manufacturer and is the manufacturers biggest single customer and now an official UK master distributor. They have delivered the largest ever UK roll out of energy efficient toilet units to date. With the UK's leading website platform for selling energy efficient products & solutions, they are uniquely positioned to achieve this growth through their diverse and expanding consumer base.
This is a very exciting opportunity to be a part of a small team that will create its own business unit, with the benefit of being backed financially. With a companywide fast-moving entrepreneurial culture, they want you to succeed and success will be rewarded through a profit share scheme linked to your business units' performance. The role will involve the candidate working alongside a Business Unit Leader and technician as the unit's Business Development Manager.
The role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Sales you will be responsible for the following: -
* Bring sales to the business unit that facilitates growth and achievement of performance goals and manage own workload to deliver against KPIs and metrics and report outcomes concisely
* Manage Sales CRM, ensuring sales activity records are reported and maintained, increase sales year on year and increase the customer lifetime value prospect (CLV)
* Work with stakeholders across the company and our specific client and other suppliers to maintain strong focus and ensure we deliver against business plans and department strategies.
* Actively participate in key customer interactions and engagement and hold assigned key client relationships at senior level andiIdentify customer requirements and provide product, project and knowledge-based solutions. Create and present business proposals
* Liaise with the technical team to build well rounded business cases, participate in surveys of client sites alongside the lead technician that are earmarked for client installations
* Visit client sites to check in on a project's progress and ensure the client is adequately supported
* Participate and be a positive contributor in team and wider company meetings, discussions and other activities
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
* The ideal candidate will have successful commercial (sales/business development) experience of 3 years. In addition, experience operating within any of the following sectors - sustainability; washroom & sanitary sales; energy and water saving - will be desirable
* Experience of working with senior - level clients and experience of interfacing with large national / multi-national organisations is desirable. Strong business acumen, clear communicator, who can build strong rapport with a diverse range of personnel from CEOs / CFOS down to mid-level / junior personnel
* Have experience of consultative sales approach to clients with ability to evidence pipeline development and growth strategies to ensure forward opportunity
* Excellent IT skills with significant experience of using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook etc...); including use of CRM databases
* Experience of reporting their progress and performance to stakeholders effectively. Knowledge of the energy sector and keeps pace with developments and trends
* Knowledge of commercial project management processes - experience is desirable
Personal Qualities and Behaviours
* A tenacious and proactive approach that ensures barriers are overcome and financial goals are achieved
* Excellent communication, persuasive and effective negotiating skills. Sales and customer focused.
* Able to self - manage and deliver meaningful output independently with the ability to problem - solve and remain calm under pressure. Detail oriented, analytical thinking with strong planning and organisational skills
* Strong time management skills with ability to prioritise work which will increase revenue and achieve growth plans. Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to operate independently with low supervision.
* A can-do attitude and growth mindset, prepared to undertake frequent day travel to sites. Prepared to have regular overnight stays / working away from home
* Ability to liaise with technical personnel to work collaboratively on projects and utilise their specialise knowledge to further one's own understanding
* Focuses on Company requirements as well as team requirements when assisting customers and in turn seeking mutually beneficial solutions for the Company and the Customer.
To be part of their dynamic team you will be:
* Proactive, driven and enthusiastic in all things sales. Accountable and solution focused, happy to work under your own initiative and with others
* Entrepreneurial in your approach to working, not afraid to try new things. Able to confidently present your findings on how the business can improve
* Self-aware and Emotionally Intelligent
What do they offer in return?
• A competitive salary, pension scheme, life assurance and other benefits
• The ability to build out your own business unit with profit share
• High level of autonomy to shape your own success
* An existing platform that is already attracting an ever-growing number of customers that are interested in their products
* Company car. Laptop/Tablet and Phone
* Easy access offices with on-site parking
* The opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, entrepreneurial local company with a national presence (and beyond!)
Business unit profit share scheme will