IT Systems Developer - Maritime Transport is one of the most successful transport companies in the UK today and a market leader in logistics. We are about to commence on a program of in-house developed solutions as part of our on-going transformation and we are looking to fulfill two IT System Developer positions - a full time role as well as a 1 year contract.
As the IT System Developer you will be a key enabler in allowing us to build an internal capability to build .net based applications that are capable of operating at enterprise scale with significant transaction volumes and users. The IT Systems Developers key responsibilities will be:
* Responsible for delivering highly efficient software solutions into a complex IT estate
* Applying architectural and engineering concepts to implement solutions that meet business requirements, considering scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, flexibility, availability and manageability
* Able to create and interpret technical architectures using standard tools and techniques for modelling
* Identify the technologies to employ and take responsibility for the delivery of software solutions
* Work with standard software development lifecycles
* Assurance of supplier solutions to ensure compliance with requirements and procurements
The ideal IT Systems Developer(s) will be able to bring the experience and ideas the will help Maritime deliver large scale modernisation programmes. As well as a confident communicator (verbally and in code) you will be a capable generalist with a holistic approach to engineering challenges, committed to the values of software craftsmanship and identification of improvement opportunities. Other attributes and competencies will be:
* A primary focus on the Microsoft .net language and technology stack with experience of integration into a diverse range of platforms and services including EAI, remote resources, data storage, messaging, solution accelerators, frameworks and 3rd party libraries
* Demonstrable experience in designing and developing enterprise class systems operating with very high transactional user volumes
* Ability to develop extensible, testable and maintainable code
* A high level of componence with C#
* To show a proven history with User Interface / UX Design
* Is skilled in both server side and client side technologies
* Experienced in SQL Server Development
* An understanding of the challenges of enterprise software development
* A track record in delivering high volume, low latency distributed software solutions
* Is familiar with current programming paradigms and patterns
* Is following the Microsoft .net technology roadmap with interest
* Comfortable working in a variety of development methodologies including Scrum.
* Ability to influence the technology, standards and tooling choices that will positively contribute to solution delivery
* Excellent communication skills and is comfortable dealing with different management levels within the organisation
* Experience in solution delivery including analysis, design, implementation, testing and support
The successful applicant will be based at our state of the art new headquarters and will be rewarded with excellent benefits, including a highly competitive salary, 28 days holiday and an employer contribution pension.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity with a market leading company? If you have the relevant skills and experience please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible, indicating if you are interested in the full time or 1 year contract role. We look forward to hearing from you.
Strictly no agencies please.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: .net developer, .net, developer, IT Systems Developer, IT, Solution delivery, C#, software development, SQL Server Development
By applying for this role you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider Web Recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment