We are currently recruiting for a temporary Residential Childcare Worker to be based in Suffolk working within Children's residential homes.
The main purpose of this role is to actively promote the rights of young people as individuals and provide them with quality care. The successful candidate will be required assist in the provision of a safe and homely environment both individually and as part of a team to help the young people achieve their potential by strengthening their weakness and developing areas of strength.
* Promote, safeguard and protect the welfare of each young person.
* Establish and maintain positive and trusting relationships with the young people.
* Provide firm, consistent and fair boundaries in respect of their behaviour and employ appropriate and agreed sanctions.
* Organise and participate in group activities and group holidays.
* Assist and support young people through the process of leaving care.
* Observe and assess the behaviour of young people.
* Assist client need and ensure that all young people have care plans and to develop, implement and review packages of care.
* Undertake Sleep in duties as and when necessary.
* Compile reports, including review, progress and incident reports.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience of working within Child Care.
* Ability to maintain written records and write reports.
* Practical care skills.
* Highly motivated.
* Flexible approach to working hours and shift work inclusive of weekends and bank holidays.
This role does require a current Enhanced DBS and is on a temporary basis with the continuous possibility of ongoing extension or permanency. If you are interested, please apply and a consultant will contact you soon