Development Technician - Cosmetics & Personal Care
An innovative, award-winning, UK-based manufacturer are recruiting for a Development Technician to be a part of their team, specialising in bespoke product development and formulation. We are now looking for a talented individual to come and join the team, we are looking for people who are motivated, hardworking and have a 'can do, will do attitude'.
The purpose of this role is to work directly with the chemists in producing products of relevant categories and in-line with daily priorities. You will work closely with the NPD team, working to customer requirements including stability updates and press samples.
* Contacting suppliers and requesting raw materials for development
* Assisting the chemists in troubleshooting manufactured batch issues.
* Producing samples for customers, both NPD and additional sample requests, challenge testing
* Initiating stability / compatibility trials and updating all relevant records.
* Measuring and recording batch parameters
* Making observations on stability samples and notifying chemists of any issues
* Updating stability / compatibility records and all relevant documents and spread sheets.
* Growing and developing knowledge and laboratory skills.
* Formula Administration; printing batch formulas, updating creativity, filing hard copies and updating all relevant spread sheets.
* Organizing, planning, and problem-solving skills
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work as a part of a team as well as be self-motivated
* High standard on Microsoft packages, excel, outlook, word, power point