Are you an experienced Bookkeeper, looking to further your career within a well-established firm of accountants in Bury St Edmunds?
AJ Chambers are currently working alongside an impressive accountancy firm, who are seeking a highly capable Bookkeeper who is ready to dive in and get hands on with the company. Our client provides exemplary employee conditions, nurtures and develops talent at all levels and is always striving to improve and optimise its employment practice.
Our client has a developing client base and are seeking a driven individual to assist on a burgeoning client portfolio. The successful candidate will ideally have two years or more experience working within bookkeeping.
* Undertaking the bookkeeping function for a variety of clients varying in size, industry and turnover
* Occasional visits to client premises to set up and maintain book-keeping records and quarterly VAT returns.
* Keeping up to date knowledge of regulatory changes
* Bank reconciliations, sales and purchase ledgers
* Guide and support other members of the team in bookkeeping
* Maintain up to date complete and systematic filing system to support bookkeeping and financial records
* At least two years' experience within a practice environment
* An organised individual who is able to act independently in a fast-paced environment
* Strong IT and computer literacy skills, particularly in Sage, QuickBooks and Xero
* Confident in handling and analysing numerical data
If you feel you would be suitable, please apply direct or contact Caitlan Warne at AJ Chambers.
Bookkeeper - Bury St Edmunds