* Salary - DOE & Qualifications.
* Based in the Norwich area.
* You will be designing, constructing and testing PLC and / or SCADA software and will produce associated documentation (such as Functional Design Specifications and Test Plans) that fully complies with Standards and contractual requirements.
* You will be attending customer's sites whenever required always upholding the Company's Culture and Values.
* You will be, where necessary, reviewing and repairing legacy code.
* You will be conducting system analysis and development, sometimes with limited support from other personnel and to keep systems current with changing technologies and methodologies.
* You will be testing and proofing programs to ensure that functionality, logic and syntax is correct / in accordance with the FDS and Test Plan.
* You will be documenting code consistently and, in all software, so that it can be fully understood by other individuals (internally and externally) and that it fully complies with Standards / expectations / best practice.
* You will be, when necessary, undertaking specific scalability and portability analysis.
* Must have a good standard of secondary education.
* Must have strong time management skills
* Must always abide by the Company's Culture and Values.
* Must have a positive and enthusiastic attitude to technical challenges, and flexibility to cope effectively with changes to specifications or priorities.
* Must possess strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and personnel.
* Must help with the development and harmonisation of the Company's processes and Knowledge-based systems.
* Must assume other responsibilities as required and work with colleagues to further the good performance of the Company.
* Must possess good communication skills, be self-motivated and solutions focused, working as part of an agile team.
* Must have proven experience in PLC logic and programming with any of the following PLCs: Allen Bradley, GE Fanuc, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Omron and HMI and / or SCADA programming and configuration for any of the following platforms: Wonderware, Rockwell and Siemens.
* Must have excellent IT skills - including, but not limited to, Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Databases.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
* Experience within the Automotive, Food and Beverage and / or Water and Waste industries.
* Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
* Knowledge of SCADA systems and logic auto-generation (from templates).
* At least 2 years previous professional experience writing PLC code (Allen Bradley, Siemens and / or Mitsubishi) within a customer-based or customer focused environment.
* Solid report writing skills, including FDS and Test Plans.
* Health and Safety awareness.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
* Excellent salary based on ability / experience.
* The company will provide opportunities for formal or internal training necessary to attain educational qualifications e.g., HNC, Degree or training on software applications
Monday - Friday: 40 hrs per week.
Monday - Thursday: 08:30 - 17:00
Friday: 08:00- 16:30
This Company specialises in design and manufacturing and is a multi-award-winning process solutions provider. They are currently looking for a Software Applications Engineer to join their customer-centric and enthusiastic team.
ABOUT IP EXECUTIVE
IP Executive have been successfully placing candidates into jobs for 23 years. We are only as good as the last vacancy we filled. We believe in deeds, not words. Our in-house specialists can offer advice on everything from CV preparation to interview techniques.
What we do is simple; we place people in work. We have unrivalled success because we care about those people, and those that they work for….
Executive Search and Selection
Manufacturing & Engineering