NXTGEN have a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Controller to join an expanding and successful manufacturing business based east of Newmarket. The business is built of excellent customer relationships and repeat business, resulting in consistent year on year growth and a positive outlook for the future.
As Financial Controller, you will drive the month end cycle to ensure quality financial information is shared across the business, supporting key commercial decisions. This diverse role will see the successful candidate also support statutory reporting tasks and payroll, whilst working with the Finance Director on business planning and strategy.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Delivery of the Monthly Management accounts and board packs, including all commercial commentary on business performance
- Review of process and costs to ensure the business is operating efficiently and maximising margins
- Working with the Finance Director on all business budgets and financial forecasts
- Manage statutory reporting requirements including VAT and PAYE reports
- Oversee the maintenance of the ledgers and all AP/AR activities within the team
The successful candidate will ideally be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with prior experience gained in Manufacturing/FMCG. Candidates will need to demonstrate strong Excel skills and will ideally have prior experience using financial/costing models. Experience using Microsoft Navision would be highly advantageous. You will also be an effective communicator and business partner with the ability to work with operational and production teams