Assistant Production Editor - Spider are pleased to be supporting an International independent academic publishing company; who specialise in the humanities across the board and the UK division is based in Woodbridge Suffolk.
Currently looking for an Assistant Production Editor to work closely with the Head of Pre-Press and the Senior Production Editor. Duties include:
* Dealing with the various stages of taking a project from final manuscript to printed book
* Communicating with authors regarding manuscript presentation, images, general queries, proofs and so on
* Liaising with freelance workers
* Liaising with our Editorial department regarding cover images
* Checking illustration quality
* General pre-press administration and many other tasks
The successful candidate will have:
* General office experience and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Photoshop
* First class organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workload
* Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and a high level of tact and professionalism
* Self-motivation and a willingness to take on responsibility
* High level of accuracy with precise attention to detail
* Publishing experience
Our client can offer the ideal applicant a salary depending on experience. Parking is available onsite and working hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
If you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV with a covering letter as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: marketing, assistant, production editor, publishing, academic, InDesign, history
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information you provide in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any other recruiting company who are working directly with Spider for recruitment advertising purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice