Window/Door/Curtain Wall Installer, Ipswich, £600 - £1000 per week (self-employed)
Reporting to the Contracts Manager/Site Supervisor, The Jobholder will be responsible for the installation of PVC-u Windows & Doors, Aluminium Window, Doors & Curtain Wall and Timber Frames. The jobholder will be responsible for installing the frames work within the specified minimum NVQ level 2 requirements, and ensuring that they are completed within the timescales and demands of the contract programme. Within the 'refurbishment works there will also be interfacing/communications with the 'end user'/client.
* Liaising with the CM/Resident/client on a daily basis.
* Transporting the required frames to the specific areas within a safe manner and as indicated within the companies method statement
* Read through the surveys and identify parts requirements within the window/doors
* Ensuring that where required trims and sealant are applied to the agreed standard
* Inform the CM/SS of any issues regarding the size apertures
* Ensuring that all works are carried out in a safe manor and report any findings to the CM/SS otherwise
* Obtain 'sign off' when windows/doors are completed.
* Identify and snagging/issues and report back to the CM/SS
* Communicate and co ordinate with all other trades
* Hold a valid CSCS card and preferably an IPAF certificate
* Attend H & S meetings as and when required
* Attend up dated product training as and when required
* Ensure all PPE requirements are worn at all times as stated in the site specific MS
* Reporting for all site inductions
Skills and Knowledge Required
* NVQ 1 or 2 as a minimum
* CSCS card (operative)
* Driving License
* Good communications skills
* Good H & S awareness
If this position is of interest to you then please send your CV direct to