Vehicle Technician - £Competitive Salary - Beccles, Suffolk - Full Time Permanent.
We are currently recruiting a Vehicle Technician/MOT Tester at our Beccles Branch to ensure the timely and efficient preparation, repair and servicing of all vehicles providing a positive customer experience in all instances.
Reporting to the Service Manager you will analyse work orders to understand a vehicles condition, accuracy of diagnosis and agreed work and carry out work according to the Vauxhall Manufacturer and Retailer Guidelines. The role will involve conducting routine services on vehicles, liaising with the Parts Department to check availability and pricing and keeping the service reception up to date at all stages.
Job Cards will be completed for each job to include description of work done, time taken to carry out and advise on additional work required.
We are looking for the following…
* A fully qualified Technician
* Proficiency in MOT testing
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* A full driving licence
You must have knowledge of:
* Automotive systems (e.g., basic vehicle layout, function, and location of parts).
* Parts requirements to complete the job.
* The ability to communicate parts requirements via repair orders.
* Approved and established procedures for conducting service/repairs.
* The quality control and inspection requirements of the Service Department.
* Manufacturers products and recent improvements through technical bulletins, training courses and technical magazines etc..
* Car problems, warranties, services and repairs.
* The retail motor industry and automotive systems in general.
* Computer diagnosis systems including Tech 2
* Vehicle legislation and trade practices.
You must be able to:
* Interact directly with customers to explain vehicle problems and the steps taken to correct the problems as needed.
* Provide positive customer experiences in all instances.
* Analyse work orders to understand a vehicles condition, accuracy of diagnosis, and agreed work, and ask for clarification if a work order is not clear or seems incorrect
* Conduct routine service on vehicles.
* Keep service reception informed of progress on vehicle repairs or service
* Check parts availability and prices, and inform service reception
* Use computer to determine how long given service or repair will take - advise Service Adviser or team leader.
* Seek authorisation from service reception for additional work or repair needed
* Carry out work according to Manufacturer and Retailer guidelines
* Perform complicated repair sequences according to established procedures.
* Complete Job card to include description of work done, time taken to carry out the work and advise on additional work required
* Liaise with parts department to collect parts for routine service work
* Complete and hand to service reception, a vehicle condition report (VCR) together with the job card, for all service vehicles
* Carry out warranty repairs according to Retailer and Manufacturer requirements
* Participate fully in measurement and feedback processes, to complete and return personnel documentation on time and to embrace personal training and development opportunities.
As a family owned business we have strong values which we encourage our colleagues to demonstrate at all times; Professional, Trust, Respect, Caring and Together.
In return we offer the opportunity of a competitive salary + bonus