If you are seeking flexible working patterns and have a passion for providing excellent care Metropolitan is keen to talk to you. We are currently looking to expand our Bank pool of Care and Support staff in Suffolk. The role will involve working with customers with learning disabilities and providing customers with day to day support to remain as independent as possible
Working hours are on a Bank basis so require flexibility to meet needs of the services in the area.
In the role you will be responsible, where identified, for providing personal care, home care, domestic tasks and housing related support in a residential setting or lone working in the community. It may include working overnight and providing security for service users. As this role entails lone working the ability/confidence to work unsupervised is important as is experience in a similar role. Previous experience is essential .
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to: -
- Providing care and support to clients within residential and community settings
- Administrative tasks
- Monitor clients to take prescribed medication as advised within care plans
- Assist in activities and outings
- Deal with family members, social workers and health professionals.
- Conduct risk assessments where necessary
- Manage a caseload if required
- Giving advice to clients around benefits and tenancies
To be successful your CV should demonstrate the following skills: -
- Experience of providing care or support to vulnerable people
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Awareness of the needs of our service users and relevant legislation
- Willing to work flexible hours, involves different shift patterns
- Good Communication and IT Skills
In return we offer competitive salary, training on site, paid DBS, pension scheme.
Salary £8.78 + holiday pay
If you are interested in the role, please apply directly with an up to date CV. If you require further information please contact Aiste Mardosaite - HR Bank Administrator on (Apply online only).
Metropolitan is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: Metropolitan is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Metropolitan are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion, sex or sexual orientation. Metropolitan will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and we encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
It should be noted that the successful applicant will need to be subject to a background enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) before any appointment can be confirmed.
https://(url removed)/s/R7kaCZ6JmH5PNvMcKOmp0?domain=(url removed)