Seeking an experienced ecologist for a well-established and award winning Landscape Architect practice based near Bury St Edmunds. This is a Practice that offer a range of services in Architecure and Landscape Architecture from residential, leisure, education and regeneration schemes, working on projects with major house builders and developers. The Director of Ecology will be reporting to the Chairman and be managing a team so experience of and confidence in managing and developing teams is important. The Director of Ecology will also need to lead and manage projects independently as well as build on exisiting relationships as having the ability to generate new business. The Director of Ecology will be have the ambition and drive to plan and grow the department and montitor sales levels to help push the business forward.
Director Of Ecology Position Overview
* Leading and mentoring a team of ecologists working on a variety of projects.
* Ecological project management.
* Business development.
* Preparation of ecological impact studies, feasibility studies, and scheme reports for projects and Environment Statements.
* Resolution of technical issues as they occur for a range of areas across projects and for the monitoring of progress.
* Integrating the regional delivery and supporting the UK ecology delivery.
* Take an active role in the technical development of staff, coaching and mentoring on technical issues
Director Of Ecology Position Requirements
* An in depth knowledge of ecology science.
* An honours degree in ecology or related field.
* Full member of CIEEM- working towards Chartership.
* Proven experience (5+ years) of most aspects of ecological projects.
* Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
* Evidence of excellent client and stakeholder relationships and ability to develop new ones.
* Thorough understanding of environmental legislation pertinent to the UK and experience of HRA
* Proven ability in team leading / management.
* Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice.
* Good IT skills.
* Driver licence
Director Of Ecology Position Remuneration
* Salary 40k to £50k DOE
* Working Hours Mon-Thurs 9am to 5.30pm and Friday 9am to 4.30pm
* Pool Cars so own cars do not need to be used
* Pension- new scheme in place
* Free parking
* Beautiful countryside surrounding office
* Fresh fruit, tea and coffee
* Perk box (cooperate box which offers discounted tickets etc.)
* Free mobile insurance
* Holiday Entitlement.
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment