Factory Maintenance Engineer
Location; Thetford, Norfolk
Salary £24,000 - £30,000 subject to experience
Working hours : 39 hours per week, 8:00am to 16:30 plus overtime
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
As the region’s largest Steel Profiling Company we have a number of Flame, Plasma, Laser and Water-jet Cutting machines in addition to a range of general Fabrication equipment.
An opportunity has arisen for an experience Maintenance Engineer to join our Maintenance Team based at our Thetford works.Objectives:
To maintain all types of factory services, operational machinery and equipment, ensuring that production downtime is kept to a minimum whilst providing a healthy and safe working environment..Key Responsibilities:
- Preventative Maintenance - Work to a planned maintenance schedule, carry out such work as is necessary to ensure that machinery and equipment is adequately maintained.
- Breakdowns / Fault finding - Promptly attend machinery breakdowns/malfunctions carrying out electrical and mechanical diagnostic checks. Liaise with production teams, ensure that tasks are prioritised with the aim of keeping downtime to a minimum.
- Development of systems - Actively seek improvements to systems and procedures and continually strive to improve the way the department operates, highlight any safety, efficiency or reliability systems that can be improved.
- Responsible for supporting a working environment where all workers are safe, respected and able to grow and develop.
- Projects - Participate in such ad-hoc projects that may arise from time to time, designing and fabricating kit as appropriate