| ||Person Specification|
|Attainments||In order to be considered for this post you will have to demonstrate that you already have:|
- NVQ level 3 qualification in Child Care, Health or Social Care or equivalent
- General education to GCSE standard preferably including Maths and English Language grade C and above
- Evidence of recent and continuing professional development in relation to child development and family support practice.
- Highly skilled at engaging and assessing service user’s needs.
- Manage crisis situations calmly and positively.
- Excellent advisory, guidance, negotiation and persuasive skills to influence best outcomes.
- Experienced in developing trusting relationships with client groups and interpreting assessments in order to support a safety plan.
- Creatively involving clients to lead the direction of their support and set realistic goals.
- Substantial experience of providing emotional and practical support to service users, probably acquired over a period of not less than 2 years.
- Experience of working in a multi-agency setting with a willingness for partnership working.
- Experience of engaging with service users through assertive outreach.
- Experience of liaising with social services, health agencies, housing providers and voluntary organisations
Work Based Knowledge
- Comprehensive understanding of risk, needs and how they are related.
- Undertaking risk assessments and designing safety plans.
- Understanding of complex needs and interconnection with domestic abuse with domestic abuse.
- Child protection / safeguarding issues and legal responsibilities.
- Understanding of the dynamics of domestic abuse.
- Awareness of typologies of domestic abuse.
- Remits of the relevant statutory and voluntary agencies.
- Demonstrable commitment to improving responses to DA across all agencies working in the sector.
- Good standard of education, be literate and numerate.