Contract and Commercial Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Contract & Commercial Manager in Group Procurement to be based in Norwich or York.
Contract & Commercial Management are responsible for managing Aviva 3rd party IT contracts, ensuring both Aviva and the supplier obligations are met. The primary focus is on contractually and commercially managing the supply base ensuring compliance to the framework to mitigate risk and improve supplier performance as well as maximising commercial value.About the Role:
The purpose of the role is to develop, implement and manage contract governance in line with best practise and in accordance with policy and standards as well as supporting colleagues in IT and 3rd party relationship management roles.
Youll apply appropriate commercial, contractual, and supplier relationship management skills, tools and techniques in order to:
- Drive value for money through the identification and delivery of savings.
- Drive performance by optimising the appropriate contractual levers.
- Mitigate and manage supply risk.
- Manage suppliers to meet and exceed contractual obligations.
- Manage levels of performance and track benefit delivery to Aviva.
You will deliver these through:
- Combining market intelligence with a deep understanding of existing supplier arrangements and business requirements to maximise value.
- Supporting and leading commercial negotiations including work order and contract variation approvals.
- Working closely with business colleagues and procurement to create fit-for-purpose contracts.
- Managing contracts for value and performance, locking in business benefits.
- Managing contract and commercial risk across the supply landscape.
- Driving further value through developing and influencing supply relationship strategies.
- Utilisation of appropriate processes, systems, controls and governance mechanisms.
- Managing commercial and contractual disputes, breaches and exit.
- Ensuring both Aviva and supplier adherence to contract obligations.
- Supporting and leading contractual governance forums.
Reporting to a Senior Contract & Commercial Manager, you will take personal responsibility and accountability for suppliers within your scope and will act as a subject matter expert and role model demonstrating Aviva Values to the benefit of the Aviva Group.About You:Capabilities:
Negotiation Skills, Stakeholder Management, Influencing Skills, Communication Skills, Commercial Management, Contract Management, Supplier Relationship Management, Governance, Financial Management, IT Contracting, Developing Strategy, Change Management, Leadership.Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Commercial and stakeholder management skills and proven track record of building strong internal business relationships at all levels.
- Highly effective communicator at all levels.
- Strong negotiation skills, being able to demonstrate experience of supporting, leading and managing negotiations for complex IT agreements.
- Experience and a proven track record in IT Contract, Commercial and Supplier Management for strategic and/ or business critical supplier contracts.
- Developing complex IT agreements.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- CIPS qualification desirable.
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and well support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Avivas core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying, please contact Lewis Ball in the Resourcing Team on or