About Eversheds Sutherland: The Eversheds human resources practice group is one of the largest and most respected teams of its kind in the world. Our lawyers work with clients to deliver pragmatic and multidisciplinary solutions that cut through the complexity of the modern workplace and inspire positive change.
Team members carry our leading work for major organisations - making the law as well as advising on it. The resources of an international firm allow all of our lawyers to produce their best work and use their imagination as well as legal skills to provide a great service to our clients.
We are looking for a highly motivated, committed and organised Billing Administrator who will be required to assist with financial support and admin support to our legal advisers and secretaries within the Claims team. Key responsibilities: You will be responsible for a broad range of activities, including:
• Providing financial administrative support; ensuring compliance with legal, firm wide and practice group specific policies and procedures
• Processing invoices, write offs, transfers, preparing client monthly reports, invoice narratives and sending out to client
• Proactive Billing and Financial Support; monthly/quarterly billing runs; management of client accounts; resolving internal/external financial queries; preparation and submission or payment of third party invoices including liaising with other offices and collating, dealing with incoming and outgoing monies, proactive management and administration of client ebilling systems
• Database management; to include rate changes at client and matter level. Proactively closing files once all outstanding invoices have been paid and ensuring that any requisite changes are made to the Elite database
• Preparation of other finance forms including monthly billing and submission of such forms to the accounts teams
• Having a good understanding of stakeholders and clients and their behavior patterns in terms of financial hygiene, payment patterns and a good understanding of the nature of the clients' business
• Be able to communicate with external clients, working through queries they may have on bills, establishing correct billing protocols and ensuring the business follows them
• Proactive management of finance related tasks, looking to legal advisers for clarification if unsure
• Email inbox management and ensuring prioritising emails received
• Assisting secretaries and stakeholders with admin duties including: copying/scanning/faxing/printing, archiving, eFiling and paper filing and preparing court bundles Skills and experience: The successful candidate must possess the following skills:
• Demonstrates confidence in own ability, and anticipates what is needed
• Proficient at all Microsoft Office Applications including Word and Excel
• Demonstrates flexibility and ability to use initiative
• Develops good working relationships within the team
You will be Hard working, engaged, helpful, approachable; resourceful and calm under pressure. You will be a team player but also take responsibility for your own work.
You should be able to prioritise your work and communicate well by email and telephone. You will also be totally Service orientated, owning problems; understands things from client's point of view whilst achieving and working against targets. Key competencies: The job holder must:
• Have the capability to communicate effectively to develop working relationships
• Effectively manage their workload and monitor SLAs to keep on top of service delivery
• Be confident with IT systems and databases
• Take ownership for career development liaising with hiring manager on any courses or support workshops they wish to attend
• Have the ability to collaborate with colleagues, supporting a positive team environment
We're a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we've built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
Eversheds Sutherland endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Eversheds operates within a preferred supplier list.