Care Worker - Cardinal Healthcare are currently looking to recruit experienced Care Workers to work within our newly extended Care Home, on the outskirts of Ipswich in Suffolk. We offer a high standard of personalised residential care and are looking for Care Workers for either day shifts or night shifts. Salary is depending on shifts and between £8.05 to £8.75 per hour.
As one of our Care Workers, you will help provide a high-quality service to our vulnerable residents/customers under the supervision of the Manager/Deputy. You will also be responsoble for maintaining and improving the high standards of the Cardinal Healthcare Group.
Key responsibilities include:
* Provide personal care and support to residents/customers with a wide range of needs, illnesses and disabilities
* Undertake the tasks detailed in the resident's/customer's care and support plan using a person-centred approach and in a sensitive manner which is least intrusive
* Assist residents/customers in getting ready in the mornings, personal hygiene, toileting duties, dressing them and help with going to bed at night
* Assist with medication at the agreed level of support and as detailed in their Medication Care Needs Assessment
* Prepare/assist with food and drink for the resident/customer, being aware of their likes/dislikes, nutritional needs and cultural requirements
* Provide input into the care and support plans of residents/customers by regularly feeding back to the Senior Carer
* Actively promote privacy, choice, independence, dignity and respect the rights of the individual and always promote choice and independence
* Adhere to all regulatory and statutory requirements as well as the Policies and Procedures of Cardinal Healthcare Group
* Maintain detailed accurate records in respect of all care and support given as well as tasks undertaken
* Protect the confidentiality of all information relating to the resident/customer and not divulge information to anyone who is not authorised to receive it
* Promptly report any issues to the Manager/Deputy concerning the care, support, well-being, behaviour or any signs of abuse or suspected abuse, updating records accordingly
* Attend and participate in regular Care Worker team meetings and any other relevant meetings
* Partake in house and external training pertinent to the role of Care Worker, as well as work towards gaining a national qualification
* Observe all Health and Safety rules and take reasonable care to promote Health and Safety of self and others, raising any concerns with the Line Manager
* Any other duties requested by Senior Management, which are within the scope of the post
Our ideal Care Worker will receive a salary depending on shift patterns. For day shifts - £8.05 per hour Mon to Friday £8.25 for weekends. For night shifts £8.75 per hour for all nights worked (currently under review). Contractual hours are usually 36 hours per week and uniforms will be provided. Cardinal Healthcare Group can also provide you with excellent in-house training. You must be able to drive due to location.
If you have the necessary skills and experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, and Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: care worker, care, learning difficulties, mental health, support work, care work
By applying for this role you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider Web Recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment