As a Senior Service Operations Manager, you will be responsible for running our 24*7 Service Operations function which includes Major Incident Management, Proactive Monitoring, Problem Management and Peak Command Centre operations. Your primary objective is to minimise business impact through proactive Service Monitoring, root cause elimination through effective Problem Management and quick service restoration during periods of Major Incidents. You will be accountable for owning and managing the end to end delivery of our Service Operations capability in line with agreed SLAs and KPIs by leading, motivating and driving a hybrid team of internal FTEs and partner provided resources (onshore and offshore). You will also be responsible for Service Operations Strategy and create a roadmap to transform the function in line with overall business and IT strategy. Responsibilities
Required Skills & Experience:
- Ensuring adherence to the Service Operations processes by the wider DCG business and IT teams.
- Governing and enhancing the quality of delivery and execution
- Ensuring quality and timely communications are sent during Major Incidents
- Responsible for achievement of Service Operations SLAs and KPIs such as incident response, incident communications, incident resolution, reduction in MTTR, root cause analysis and elimination, preventive incident management through effective Service Monitoring, etc.
- Mobilizing and operating our Peak Command Centre during Peak Trading Events
- Building a strong relationship with the Security Operations function
- Acting as a senior escalation point for key business and IT stakeholders
- Ensuring effective service reporting is produced on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Conducting regular Operational Service Reviews with the Partner
- Transforming the Service Operations function by bringing thought leadership in making the function more agile, automated, customer centric and delivering service excellence.
- IT Support and Operations experience
- Experience of leading and managing a hybrid team
- Experience of working with 3rd Party support teams and strategic Partners
- Broad understanding of Infrastructure and Application technologies
- Experience of working in an ITIL based environment
- Working knowledge of BMC Remedy and Sharepoint
- Working knowledge of Continual Service Improvement
- Senior stakeholder management and strategic business partnering
- Managing escalations and diffusing aggravated situations
- Experience of implementing Service Operations tooling, particularly in the domain of service monitoring and process automation
- Experience of organizational change and transformation
- Interpret operational needs, challenge areas of potential risk of failure and manage teams to deliver agreed SLA's
- Managing multiple vendors and an understanding of a 'win-win culture'
Dixons Carphone is Europe's number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people's expertise to reach out and help new customers. What's more - we're exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service. It's an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.